Jesus appeared to St. Margaret Mary between 1673 and 1675. Among the words spoken to her, she heard Jesus make several promises to those who would respond to the pleadings of His Heart and make an effort to return His love. She wrote them down and they have come to be known as the Twelve Promises.
The Twelve Promises
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and Infinite Ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced.
12. The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at the last hour.
The Twelve Promises of the Sacred Heart
Copyright © 2016 Men of the Sacred Hearts. All rights reserved